For years, Schaefer Marine has been a leader in headsail furling and reefing systems. Now we bring the same levels of quality and engineering to a new boom furler that finally solves the problems of reefing, lowering and safely stowing the main – even modern, full-batten, high-roach sails built for performance.
Excellence in Anchoring Systems since 1936
Schaefer Marine acquired Ideal Windlass in late 2016 and our team has been expanding our knowledge on the product line to best service the incredible customers of Ideal Windlasses. Our team will be progressively adding more resources to our website to serve windlass owners and prospective buyers.
Since 1936 IDEAL Windlass has built the most dependable, rugged equipment available. Do you require a windlass for the most demanding conditions that will be trouble free for many years? IDEAL has the model for you!
For immediate assistance, please contact our team at 508-995-9511 or email Ideal@SchaeferMarine.com
Ideal Windlass is offered in two layouts and many sizes:
- Constructed with stainless steel.
- Offered with powder coated or highly polished finish.
- Rugged and attractive.
- Life expectancy can be greater then 15, 20 or even 25 yrs.
- Gearing is both powerful and oversized.
- Solid bronze castings used for all gypsies, wildcats, capstans, release wheels, friction plates and brake parts.